Our pets are important to us, almost like family, and so we want to give them the best possible care. Although essential oils should be used with caution and know-how, they can benefit the health of our pets and improve their quality of life.
SpOil Your Pet: A Practical Guide to Using Essential Oils in Dogs and Cats gives essential oil recommendations for more than 50 common ailments and conditions. Each section contains a description of the health concern, plus easy directions on how to best use oils for it. Instructions are separated and color-coded for either dogs or cats.
SpOil Your Pet was written by two knowledgeable authors. Jan C. Jeremias is a trained clinical research scientist, yoga instructor, and reflexologist with over 10 years of experience using essential oils with animals. Mia K. Frezzo, DVM, is a veterinarian with over 15 years of experience in small animal medicine, and she served on the dōTERRA® Veterinary Advisory Panel at the 2018 Global Convention.
Besides oil recommendations for health conditions, the book also includes many helpful everyday recipes for caring for your pet. For example, to repel fleas for both dogs and cats, SpOil Your Pet offers these instructions* for a homemade, all-natural flea collar.
[recipe title=”Homemade Flea Collar”]
- 4 oz. distilled water
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops outdoor repellent blend (dōTERRA® TerraShield®)
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 1 nylon dog or cat collar
1. Mix together the distilled water with all the essential oils.
2. Soak the collar in the solution for 20 minutes; let it dry completely before use.
3. Resoak the collar every 2 weeks or more frequently, as needed.
We hope you enjoy spOILing your pet!
*This recipe is copyrighted and has been used with permission from the authors.