These strawberry lemon crepes make a fantastic breakfast or dessert! Give this recipe a try, and it is sure to become a favorite! To make it healthier, use plain Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream.
[recipe title=”Strawberry Lemon Crepes” servings=”4″ time=”20–30 minutes active” difficulty=”Moderate”]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Lemon Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice (or juice from a large lemon)
- 3–4 drops lemon essential oil
- Strawberries or other berries, washed and sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually whisk in the milk and water. Add salt and butter, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, flip, and cook the other side.
- While the crepes are cooking, whisk the cream until it starts to form stiff peaks. Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil, and whisk for a few seconds to incorporate into the cream.
- Serve crepes warm filled with strawberries and topped with lemon whipped cream.
Note: To make this recipe healthier, substitute plain Greek yogurt for the heavy cream. Simply stir the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil into the Greek yogurt until well combined.