If you’re looking for an upscale appetizer or snack, here’s a recipe for you! These sweet potato fries have a spicy-sweet kick on their own. Combing them with avocado coriander dip elevates their flavor to a whole new level. You’re sure to love this tasty and healthy duo![recipe title=”Sweet Potato Fries” servings=”4″ time=”10–15 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- cumin essential oil
- cassia essential oil
- Peel the sweet potato, and cut in half lengthwise. Slice it into 1/4-inch matchsticks.
- Place sliced potatoes into a bowl of cold water, and leave them to soak.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, chili powder, and paprika. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from the water, rinse, and blot dry with a towel.
- Dip separate toothpicks into each essential oil, and stir them into the vegetable oil. Drizzle oil over potatoes. Toss potatoes with your hands to ensure that they are completely covered with oil.
- Sprinkle powder mixture over potatoes, tossing again to coat evenly.
- Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 435° for 30–35 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the potatoes.
- Once the fries are evenly crispy, remove from the oven, and sprinkle with salt.
- Dip the warm fries into avocado coriander dip (recipe below).
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 drop coriander essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with sweet potato fries.