Have you heard about the Modern Essentials™ Living book? This amazing resource contains cooking recipes, craft ideas, cleaning recipes, body care recipes, class ideas, diffuser blends, and a chart listing common uses for many essential oils and blends. It introduces essential oils in a way that is completely marketing compliant, so it is a safe resource to use in any setting! We want to discuss a few ways you can use Modern Essentials™ Living to help build your business.
Use Modern Essentials™ Living in Your Classes
Modern Essentials™ Living is a perfect resource to use in any marketing or educational class. Here are a few ideas for how to use this book in a class setting:
- Use one of the class ideas suggested in Modern Essentials™ Living on pp. 189–202. As you apply a facial mask, make jewelry, drink hot chocolate, make cleaning sprays, or make wintertime shower disks, you can talk about the essential oils and even discuss how to make money by being a distributor.
- You don’t have to stick to our class ideas—you can come up with your own! Try teaching an essential oil cooking class by making one of the food recipes in Modern Essentials™ Living. As you cook, discuss the tips and tricks found on pp. 9–17 for using essential oils in your cooking.
- DIY classes (also known as make-and-take classes) are very popular because they tend to be more interactive and let your attendees leave with something to try that contains essential oils. Try holding a make-and-take class of your own, and use the craft, body care, cleaning, or holiday ideas in Modern Essentials™ Living as your DIY project. Don’t forget to introduce the essential oils and let your attendees know where they can purchase them.
- Have a few copies of Modern Essentials™ Living on hand to pass around your classes. This is a great way to show “newbies” all the different ways you can use essential oils other than the standard application methods. You may even have some people ask to buy one of your copies!
- The Modern Essentials™ Living book can be used as a drawing prize. You can have your class attendees enter a drawing as they arrive (you may even want to offer this as an incentive to arrive early). Whenever you choose to close the drawing, select a winner and give him or her a copy of Modern Essentials™ Living!
Using Modern Essentials™ Living at Trade Shows
Running an essential oil booth at a trade show is the perfect example of marketing essential oils. But you need a way to get people interested in the essential oils without making health claims. This is where Modern Essentials™ Living can be beneficial! Here are a few ways you can use this book at a trade show:
- Have several copies available for people to browse through. This can help them get an idea of how the oils can be used without you needing to explain it to them.
- Make some of the products for people to try as they come to your booth. This can give them a way to experience essential oils aromatically and topically. If the venue allows it, you may even be able to offer essential oil food samples.
- You may want to consider offering a class at another time and have interested people sign up for your classes while at the trade show. It is often difficult to relay all the information you would like to while having short conversations with passersby, so a class is a way you can educate interested parties a little more thoroughly. If you want to hold a make-and-take class, be sure to have the finished product available at the trade show to provide an example of what will be made in the class.
Use Modern Essentials™ Living to Build and Educate Your Team
One of the best ways to build an essential oil business is to educate your team members about the many ways essential oils can be used. Here are a few ideas of you can do this with Modern Essentials™ Living:
- Send out an email every once in a while that contains a tip/trick about essential oils. Modern Essentials™ Living contains many bits of useful information including application methods, cooking tips, recipes, class ideas, diffuser blends, and even information about what each oil can do (found in the Quick Usage Chart). If you share information from the book, just make sure to reference it as your source and let your team members know where they can get a copy for themselves!
- Keep a copy of the book in a waiting area at your office or home. Make sure it is visible and easy to pick up and browse through.
- Another way Modern Essentials™ Living can be used is to offer it to clients who sign up under you or for rank advancements of your team members.
As you can see, there are many ways Modern Essentials™ Living can help you succeed in your essential oil business. Check out this article to learn more about this amazing resource and see sample pages: Introducing Modern Essentials™ Living.
Do you have any other ideas of how you can use this book to build your business? Comment below! We would love to hear them!
The new year represents new beginnings, and many people set goals and resolutions to become better people during the upcoming year. Are some of your resolutions or goals about becoming healthier, devoting more time and energy to building your business, or using essential oils more every day? If so, keep reading and check out the other posts in this series:
New Year’s Resolutions for a Healthy New Year
New Year’s Resolutions for Living an Essential Oil Lifestyle
We often fail at our new year’s resolutions because we usually have many things we wish to change in our lives. It is quite difficult to change many habits overnight, yet somehow we believe it is possible. If you really want to succeed at keeping your resolutions this year, try picking just one or two specific things to work on this month, and continue doing them until they become habits. Then, over the coming months, you can add a couple small things each month to work on. Keep a journal, and record the things you’ve done. Track progress by finding a way to quantify your goal. Such measurements could include the number of people you have contacted, classes taught, samples given, target profit, etc. Write down discoveries you have had such as new insights, things that work well for you and your team or things that don’t, and new ideas for classes or teaching methods.
The first step to building an essential oil business is to first learn about essential oils and how they can help you and others. Once you start talking to people about essential oils, you will find they have a lot of questions you may not know answers to. The book Modern Essentials is a great resource to start with in your journey of learning about essential oils so that you can share your knowledge with others. Part of this learning will come through using the oils and seeing how they work for you. As you do this, you will begin to gather stories that, in sharing, may help others.
Here are a few posts we have written from information found in Modern Essentials and other helpful resources:
The next few steps for building an essential oil business involve giving out samples, holding classes, and supporting your downline or members of your team. One of our most popular posts this year has been on a Make & Take Roll-on Class that is simple to do and a great way to either introduce people to essential oils and let them leave with something to try or involve people who already use essential oils (maybe even members of your team) and encourage them to continue using essential oils and sharing them with others. Read more about this class idea here: A Simple Introductory Essential Oil Class Idea.
The following are a few helpful business-building tips from posts we have written this last year:
We hope you can find the information you need to help you achieve success with your essential oil business this coming year.
We wish you a happy, successful new year!
Have you been trying to build your essential oil business without much success? Are you new to essential oils and don’t know where to start in making your business profitable? Or maybe you are a healer with considerable knowledge, but the business side just isn’t your thing. Even if you are having great success in your essential oil business, you may want to take a look at the book Essential Oils Business Book: How to Start, Build, and Prosper in the Essential Oils Industry to help you train your downline and gain ideas for how to better build your business.
In this book, Christina Calisto-Winslow provides many different ideas for being a little more professional when presenting essential oils to your contacts and getting them to sign up with you. One thing she suggests is to set up an appointment to meet with your potential client in their home or in yours. When you go to your appointment, don’t forget to take your Business Presentation Kit! This kit provides some basic tools to present yourself well, have all the information and everything you need to encourage others to buy from you, and “close the sale” while you are there.
Business Presentation Kit
- Nice Bag: This doesn’t have to be expensive––you can pick up something nice at a thrift store if you don’t have a lot of money. Christina recommends a middle-size computer bag with wheels, but a small carry-on bag with wheels also works well. Find something that suits you and that you can put everything in.
- Essential Oils: Take a variety of oils because you never know what will appeal to your potential customer. Keep the oils organized so you can find exactly what you need when you need it.
- Essential Oil Reference Book: The book Modern Essentials is a great one to have in your kit. Teach your customer how to look up their specific health issues.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: Plug the diffuser in while you are at the appointment so your customer can experience it. You can also discuss the benefits of diffusing if they are interested. Diffuse a citrus oil or have your client help select an oil.