With peach season upon us, here’s a way to top off a late-summer cookout with a simple, delectable dessert. Warm, sweet, cinnamon peaches make the perfect complement to savory barbecued dinners. You can also panfry peaches indoors. Since they’re so quick and easy, you’ll make this your go-to dessert for many occasions!
[recipe title=”Grilled Cinnamon Peaches” servings=”4″ time=”10–15 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 peaches
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. butter, melted
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- vanilla ice cream or yogurt for topping
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and cinnamon essential oil, and set aside.
- Slice the peaches in half—leaving the skin on—and remove the pits.
- Brush the melted butter with cinnamon essential oil all over the peach halves. Grill them with flesh side down over medium heat for 2–3 minutes or until browned. You may want to use the cooler edges of the grill if you’ve been barbecuing meat. (Alternately, panfry the peach halves over medium-high heat in the same way.)
- Turn the peach halves face up, and sprinkle the brown sugar over the flesh. Grill for another 2–3 minutes or until the skin is browned and loosened. (If panfrying, cover the pan and cook for another 2–3 minutes or until the sugar caramelizes.)
- Remove peach halves from the heat, and serve with or without the skin—topped with ice cream or yogurt.