Your carpets will smell so fresh after sprinkling this on them before vacuuming!
[recipe title=”Homemade Carpet Freshening Powder” servings=”1–2″ time=”2 minutes active; 8 hours, 25 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup (110 g) baking soda
- 10–25 drops melaleuca or lemon essential oil
- Plastic Spice Jar with Sifting Lid
- Mix baking soda and essential oil in a shaker bottle such as this Plastic Spice Jar with Sifting Lid.
- Close jar, shake together, and let stand overnight.
- Sprinkle lightly over carpets, and let sit for 25 minutes before vacuuming.
This recipe is from Modern Essentials™, 7th Edition, p. 85.