These little cookies are super cute and delicious! They are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them! The recipe is also really easy and fun to make with kids.
Lemon Coconut Crisps
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla
- 5–8 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 2/3 cup (57 g) shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. (165° C.).
- Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon essential oil.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Roll out little balls about the size of a walnut, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour (a fork also works, but will leave a mark).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.