These sock bunnies make a fantastic Easter craft that your kids will enjoy. The bunnies are super cute, and you can design them however you want. Just add your favorite essential oils to this craft to maximize the benefits. Try adding lavender to help calm your kids down while they play!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2–3 cups (375–550 g) rice
- 1 sock
- String or twine
- 20–30 drops essential oil
- Pour the rice into a bowl, and stir in the essential oils until the desired smell is reached (approx. 20–30 drops).
- Using a funnel or a roll of tape to hold the sock open, pour the rice into the sock until it fills to the beginning of the heel of the sock.
- Shape the sock by pinching between where the head and the body will be, making sure that the body is larger than the head.
- Tie off the head tightly with the string, then tie off the section between the body and head.
- Cut off the top of the sock, leaving about 2″ (5 cm) for the ears above the head.
- Cut the ear portion of the sock in half vertically, then diagonally from the top of the head to the corner, creating an ear shape. Repeat on the other ear.
- Trim the strings down, tie a bow around the neck, and draw a cute face!
You can also tie a little knot around a portion of the body to make a tail, or sew on a cotton ball.
Remove the ribbon, and place the bunny in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until warm), and let your kids enjoy the warmth while they play or take a nap.
This is a fun craft to do with the kids or to give as a gift. Decorate the tree with these homemade creations and make the house smell wonderful!
Treat your hands to an all-natural moisturizing lotion bar with the benefits of therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil!
The new year represents new beginnings, and many people set goals and resolutions to become better people during the upcoming year. Are some of your resolutions or goals about becoming healthier, devoting more time and energy to building your business, or using essential oils more every day? If so, keep reading and take a look at the other posts in this series:
New Year’s Resolutions for a Healthy New Year
New Year’s Resolutions for a Successful New Year
Essential Oil Living
A great way to learn about essential oils, gain experiences you can share with others, and improve your health is to incorporate the oils into your everyday life. This can be done by using essential oils topically, internally, and aromatically. We mentioned in a previous post, New Year’s Resolutions for a Healthy New Year, how to use the oils in cooking recipes, but there are plenty of other ways to use the oils every day. Check out the blog posts below for some great ideas!
If you have other ideas, we would love to hear about them! Please comment below with any suggestions or feedback.
We hope that you can find the information you need to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle and your essential oil–related goals this coming year.
We wish you a happy, healthy new year!