These cute Hand “Santa”tizers are so easy to make, and they work great as gifts for teachers, neighbors, and friends.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Witch Hazel or vodka
- 40–50 drops essential oil (see blend suggestions below)
- 1 cup (240 ml) aloe vera gel (use aloe vera juice for a spray hand sanitizer)
- 5 drops Vitamin E Oil
- Five 2 oz. plastic bottles with treatment pump, disc top, or spray top (see options below)
- Add all ingredients in order to a glass bowl or measuring cup, stirring after each addition. Use a funnel to pour the mixture into the bottles.
- To use, pump or spray 1–2 times into the palm of your hand. Rub hands together until the liquid evaporates.
Essential Oil Blends:
|Melaleuca & Lavender:
30 drops melaleuca
10 drops lavender
20 drops rosemary
16 drops lemon
12 drops peppermint
15 drops orange
10 drops clove
10 drops cassia or 5 drops cinnamon
5 drops eucalyptus
5 drops rosemary
|Candy Cane Mist:
25 drops peppermint
10 drops orange
10 drops fir
30 drops peppermint
10 drops bergamot,
orange, or ylang ylang
25 drops wintergreen
15 drops fir
- If you just want to make a single bottle, follow this recipe: Citrus Mint Hand Sanitizer, and add a total of 15–25 drops essential oil.
Bottle and Vinyl Options:
There are several bottle options you can choose from at aromatools.com. Our favorite involves the treatment pump top. This top works so well at getting just the right amount out each time you use it. Other top options include the disc top and the misting spray top (for a hand sanitizer spray). Most of these bottles work well for this project.
Don’t forget to add a cute vinyl label to the bottle! We now offer 5 vinyl label options (including some normal ones to gift during other seasons!):
- White Santa Beard Vinyl Label
- Red Santa Hat Vinyl Label
- Green Hand Sanitizer Vinyl Label
- Gold Hand Sanitizer Vinyl Label
- Mint Hand Sanitizer Vinyl Label
Another option is to print your own labels with this blank label sheet.
These are our favorite bottle/vinyl combinations:
- 2 oz. Red Plastic Bottle with Treatment Pump and White Santa Beard Vinyl Label
- 2 oz. Red Plastic Bottle with Spray Top and White Santa Beard Vinyl Label
- 2 oz. Clear Plastic Bottle with Treatment Pump and Red Santa Hat Vinyl Label
- 2 oz. Clear Plastic Bottle with White Disc Top and White Santa Beard Vinyl Label
- 2 oz. Clear Plastic Bottle with White Disc Top or Treatment Pump and Green Vinyl Label, Gold Vinyl Label, or Mint Vinyl Label
Which bottle/vinyl combination do you like best?