Nobody can turn down a delicious grilled dish during the summer! These chicken wings have an amazing flavor with the combination of sweet honey and a tangy twist with lime essential oil. This dish makes a perfect addition to your next summer barbecue and goes great with grilled veggies and fresh fruit!
Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs. (2 kg) chicken wings (about 24 wings)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (25 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 ml) tabasco sauce
- 3–4 drops lime essential oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken wings, and pat dry.
- Combine the lime juice, honey, garlic, soy sauce, tabasco sauce, and lime essential oil. Transfer to a bowl or a large plastic bag, add the chicken wings, and toss to coat.
- Marinate the chicken wings for 4–8 hours, tossing to coat occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove the wings from the marinade, and place on the grill. Baste the wings with the marinade, and sprinkle with salt.
- Turn the wings every 5 minutes while cooking; about halfway through, baste the wings again with the remaining marinade.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. The internal temperature should be 165°F (75°C); it should take approximately 25–30 minutes.
If you don’t wish to grill the wings, you can also bake them at 450°F (230°C) on an aluminum foil–lined baking sheet following the directions above.
This dish can be a little sticky and messy, so we highly encourage you to use our Essential Oil Grill Cleaner after making this dish.