This tasty dish allows your fresh spring and summer veggies to shine, compliments of a hint of basil essential oil!
Do you love the smell of fresh baked bread? We do too! This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to make, especially if you prepare it the day before baking it! You could speed up this recipe by increasing the amount of yeast, but we recommend letting it sit overnight and taking advantage of the benefits of sourdough fermentation.
Treat your guests well at your dinner party with this classic Italian appetizer—now infused with essential oils! Aside from the amazing flavor these oils bring to this dish, they also provide added health benefits.
This appetizer also makes a great refreshment at an essential oil class! Just pre-slice the bread, and add the essential oils to the olive oil; then allow your guests to add a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and other additions to condiment cups to accompany their slice of bread.
Essential Oil–Infused Italian Dipping Oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Optional additions: crushed garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a glass dish.
- Let sit for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Dip french bread or sourdough bread in the Italian Dipping Oil, and enjoy!
Try this dipping oil with our Rosemary Artisan Sourdough Bread—they make a fantastic combination!
Share this delightful Italian Dipping Oil with your friends and family. Just mix the olive oil and essential oils together (omit the balsamic vinegar) in a glass bowl or measuring cup, then use a funnel to pour the oil into two 2 oz. Amber Glass Bottles or one 4 oz. Amber Glass Bottle. Add a gift tag with instructions to add balsamic vinegar or any of the optional ingredients for dipping or to use it when cooking savory Italian dishes (like you would add olive oil).
Want to add a little class to your dinner tonight? Try this Margherita Garlic Bread. This simple dish is packed with flavor! Add a salad, and you have an easy and satisfying dinner.
Margherita Garlic Bread with Basil Essential Oil
- 1 loaf artisan or french bread, cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) slices
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. (3 g) garlic powder
- 5–8 drops basil essential oil
- Tomato slices
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Melt the butter; add the garlic powder and basil essential oil.
- Brush butter mixture onto the bread slices with a pastry brush until saturated, or spoon butter on to lightly cover each slice of bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cheese to each slice of bread.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, and serve immediately.
Here’s a recipe for our pasta-loving friends! But, even if you don’t like pasta, don’t let that stop you from trying this delicious spinach-basil pesto! This pesto is also great with chicken, tilapia, quinoa, or bread and in any other basil pesto dish.