Here’s an absolutely refreshing drink for your next summer party! The combination of flavors may seem a little odd, but they are surprisingly delicious. The hint of a minty flavor cools you down, while the lemon and kiwi energize your body. This beverage is perfect for a warm sunny day—or when you need it to feel like a summer day!
[recipe title=”Mint Kiwi Lemonade” servings=”16″ time=”10–15 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 8 kiwis, or 3 cups blended kiwi
- 1 gallon (4 L) water
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1–2 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a food processor, blend the kiwis until completely mashed.
- Combine the lemon juice with the kiwi puree.
- Pour the water in slowly while stiring to combine.
- Add the agave nectar, and stir until it dissolves.
- Add in the essential oils, and taste. Add more oil or agave as needed.
- Chill, or serve immediately with ice.
You may also use a blender to puree the kiwis, but be aware that blending the seeds can make the kiwi sour.
For a cute garnish, slice up an extra kiwi, and drop the slices into the drink.