Here’s a fun new recipe to spice up your cookbook! Serve it at the next family barbecue or over a simple dinner at home. Who doesn’t love grilled pork? And lemongrass essential oil adds an amazing flavor to it, so you can’t go wrong with this one. But we’ll warn you—make it once, and your family will be hooked!
Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork
- 1 1/2 lbs. (800 g) pork shoulder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (500 mg) black pepper
- 3–4 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Extra honey (for grilling)
- Slice the pork into 1/2″ (1 cm) thick pieces, and set aside.
- Place the garlic cloves and onions in a food processor, and pulse on high until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and blend again until the mixture forms a paste.
- Place the pieces of meat and the marinade in a plastic zip-top bag or a bowl. Mash the bag around, making sure the meat gets completely covered in marinade, and set in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, and grill over high heat in a greased pan for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Dip each piece in honey, and grill again for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired, and serve hot!
This recipe is great for outdoor grilling, and the flavor is further enhanced when cooked over a charcoal barbecue.
This sudsy body wash smells great and leaves men’s skin feeling healthy and moisturized! This makes a great DIY Father’s Day gift!
Men's EO Body Wash
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Measure all ingredients, stir them together, and pour the mixture into the bottle. (Note: There will be a little too much to fit in one 8 oz. bottle. You can either use the extra right away or pour it into another bottle.)
- Shake up the bottle to ensure ingredients are mixed thoroughly before each use.
- Use in the shower with a wash cloth or loofah.
We liked this essential oil blend, but have fun experimenting with other ones as well!
Kick off your spring cleaning with this awesome dusting spray from Pins and Procrastination. It uses simple, everyday ingredients and does a great job getting your wood surfaces extra clean!
Dusting Spray with Lemongrass Essential Oil
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 3 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil (lemon or orange essential oil would also work well)
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 8 oz. glass bottle with trigger spray top
- Stir together all ingredients in a large glass measuring cup.
- Pour mixture carefully into an 8 oz. glass spray bottle, and twist on the top.
- To use, spray the mixture across your desired wood surface, and then wipe the wood clean with a soft, dry cloth. Shake well before each use.
Many thanks to Pins and Procrastination for this great idea! http://pinsandprocrastination.com/homemade-dusting-spray/