Indulge your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals with these delicious and healthy chocolate truffles. These truffles are full of antioxidants, healthy fats, nutrients, and the benefits of peppermint essential oil!
Dark Chocolate Avocado Peppermint Truffles
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked and drained (about 5–6 dates)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cacao powder + 2 Tbsp. (15 g) for dusting
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (18 g) coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. (16 g) coconut flour + more as needed
- Dash of sea salt
- 2–3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Soak dates for 3 hours for the smoothest texture.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender (except for the 2 Tbsp. of cacao powder for dusting). Blend or pulse until smooth. Add more coconut flour if needed to get the desired texture (you want a rollable ball; the balls will harden more in the fridge).
- Place the 2 Tbsp. (15 g) of cacao powder on a plate. Set aside a plate or dish for the finished truffles.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of the chocolate avocado mixture, and form it into a ball. Roll the ball in the cacao powder, and place on the plate or dish. Continue until all the balls are formed.
- Refrigerate the balls for 2–3 hours until hardened, and enjoy!