Sometimes we all need a healthy energy boost to keep us going. These energy bites are so delicious that even your kids will love them! This snack is simple and fun, but also really healthy so that you can feel good about eating it.
Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites
- 2 cups (200 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup grated apple (about 1 apple)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) ground flaxseed
- 5 Tbsp. (75 ml) honey
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, vanilla, and cinnamon essential oil.
- Add the wet ingredients and the grated apple to the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is completely combined (you may need to use your hands).
- Cover, and refrigerate for an hour or until the mixture solidifies a bit.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls, and snack away!
These energy bites can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.
You can substitute any other fruit for the apple if desired—pears, peaches, strawberries, etc.