Do you like the moisturizing effects of an oatmeal bath, but don’t like having all that oatmeal in your bathtub? These Oatmeal Shower Scrub Bags are the solution! Simply rub the bag over your skin when you shower, bathe, or wash your hands. The oats moisturize, the soap cleans, the lavender soothes and scents, and the organza bag gives a gentle exfoliation. Scrub bags make great gifts for friends, family, or essential oil class members. In fact, this recipe is a fantastic make-and-take class idea!
Oatmeal Shower Scrub Bags
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4–1/2 cup unscented, grated bar soap (or add a little liquid soap to bag right before using)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 small organza bags
- Mix ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add about 2 Tbsp. of the mixture to each organza bag or until about 3/4 full.
- To use, wet the bag with water before massaging it over your skin in circular motions. Rinse well with water.
Bring the fun of the winter holidays into your home with peppermint soap. The aroma and splash of color will make hand washing seem festive!
Peppermint Candy Soap
- Soap molds of holiday shapes (muffin liners in a muffin tin also work)
- Cooking spray to coat molds
- Pure solid glycerin soap (this can be found in cubes at craft stores)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Chopped peppermint candy
- Coat the insides of your soap molds with cooking spray (or use muffin liners).
- Melt soap.The size of your molds will determine how much soap you’ll need. Place cubes of soap in a glass measuring cup, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add 10 seconds at a time if needed.
- Stir several drops of peppermint oil into the melted soap.
- Carefully fill your molds almost to the top with the hot soap. Let it cool for about a minute, and then add chopped peppermint candy.
- Let cool and harden for at least 2 hours. Once cool, turn the mold upside down, and pop the soap out.
These soaps add holiday flair to your kitchen and bathrooms or make a great gift!
This moisturizing hand and body wash smells delightful and will leave you feeling refreshed each time you use it!
Moisturizing Citrus Hand and Body Wash
Ingredients & supplies:
- Place all ingredients in a glass bowl, and whisk gently to combine.
- Pour roughly 1/4 cup of soap solution in the 8 oz. foamer bottle; fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- To use, shake to combine as needed and pump a little out to wash your hands or body as you normally would.
- Because foamer bottles need water added, this recipe will fill three 8 oz. foamer bottles. If you only have one bottle to fill, you can store the solution in a glass container until you need to refill your soap bottle.
- We liked the foaming action of the 8 oz. foamer bottle, but if you would rather use the soap solution undiluted, you can also use an 8 oz. plastic bottle with pump top, an 8 oz. glass bottle with a pump top, or two 4 oz. glass bottles with pump tops.