Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We found a really simple recipe for Inside-Out Peppermint Patties on Pinterest and decided to try it out for ourselves. The Peppermint Patties were a snap to put together and so delicious! We swapped peppermint essential oil for the peppermint extract called for in the original recipe and added a little green food coloring to make them festive for St. Patrick’s Day! They were a hit around the office, and we are sure you will enjoy them too!
Inside Out Peppermint Patties
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 4 1/4–4 3/4 cups)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 7–14 drops peppermint essential oil
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese. Beat well until incorporated.
- Add peppermint essential oil, and combine well.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-size balls and place on baking sheet(s) lined with wax paper or parchment. Create a small “bowl” or indention in each ball using a 1/4 teaspoon or your finger. Cover with plastic wrap and let firm up in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- When peppermints have firmed, melt chocolate according to package directions (microwave is fine). Fill a piping bag or freezer bag with the corner snipped with the melted chocolate. Fill each mini peppermint bowl/indention with chocolate and let cool.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: Amy Johnson | She Wears Many Hats (http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2011/12/chocolate-peppermints/)