If you are a fan of Almond Joys, Mounds, or Bounty bars, you are sure to love these sweet treats! We added peppermint essential oil to this well-loved and healthy recipe, and these taste just like peppermint patties! For an extra special twist, you could even try cinnamon essential oil instead! If your significant other likes healthy treats, this may be the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for him or her.
These little cookies are super cute and delicious! They are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them! The recipe is also really easy and fun to make with kids.
Lemon Coconut Crisps
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla
- 5–8 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 2/3 cup (57 g) shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. (165° C.).
- Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon essential oil.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Roll out little balls about the size of a walnut, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour (a fork also works, but will leave a mark).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.