Instead of grabbing that sweet treat that you are craving, try sucking on an essential oil–flavored toothpick instead. Studies have shown that grapefruit essential oil can reduce appetite and sweet cravings and may even help with addictions. Cinnamon essential oil can be a great alternative to your favorite cinnamon candy and supports the immune system. Peppermint, spearmint, fennel, and cardamom can all help freshen your breath, support your digestive system, and keep your mouth occupied so you don’t eat something you’ll regret later.
[recipe title=”Essential Oil Toothpicks” time=”5 minutes active; 8+ hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Shot Glass
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Essential oil of choice (cinnamon, peppermint, spearmint, fennel, cardamom, grapefruit, etc.)
- 3.5 oz. Spice Jar
- Place fractionated coconut oil in the shot glass. Add essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Place desired number of toothpicks in the shot glass standing up.
- Let sit for several hours or until all the oil has been soaked up.
- Spread the toothpicks out on parchment paper, and allow them to dry.
- Once dry, place the toothpicks in the spice jar.
- When you need a little something sweet or want to freshen your breath, simply suck on one of the toothpicks!
Modern Essentials™: The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils, 9th Edition.