If you’re looking for a fun new spring dish, this is the one for you! This pasta salad is super simple but delicious and filling. It makes a lot, so you can eat it as the main dish, take it as a side salad to parties, or save the leftovers for lunch the next day. And the best part? It uses essential oils! Now you can enjoy the flavor of basil and oregano in this tasty salad while enjoying the health benefits of essential oils at the same time.
[recipe title=”Tuscan Pasta Salad” servings=”8–10″ time=”20–30 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Two 19 oz. packages cheese tortellini pasta
- 1/2 cup (65 g) sliced olives
- 1/2 cup (80 g) artichoke pieces
- 1/2 cup (100 g) mini pepperoni or salami
- 1/2 cup (90 g) chopped red peppers (roasted or fresh)
- 1/2 cup (25 g) diced tomatoes (sundried or fresh)
- 1 cup (20 g) arugula or spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. (50 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. (3 g) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (500 mg) black pepper
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 toothpick basil essential oil
- 1 toothpick oregano essential oil
- Following the instructions on the packaging, cook the pasta, drain, and set aside to cool.
- While the pasta is cooling, combine all the dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle or glass jar, and shake well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, pour the dressing on, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste), and serve!