If you love carrot cake, you will love this recipe! This amazing recipe has been handed down and loved by several generations of carrot cake aficionados but has now been updated to include the benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils in a way that brings a household favorite to a whole new level of goodness.
Fun fact: Did you know that the ground cinnamon carried in most American grocery stores is actually ground cassia?
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 drops cassia essential oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (Note: You can omit the pineapple and increase the grated carrot to 3 cups, if you prefer.)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- Mix the sugar, canola oil, and cassia oil together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Combine the sugar mixture and half of the flour mixture.
- Beat in the carrots, pineapple, vanilla, and walnuts.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9″x13″ cake pan.
- Bake at 350˚ F for 30–40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1–3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 16 oz. pkg. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
Blend together cream cheese, butter, and lemon essential oil. Then add powdered sugar, vanilla, and nuts. Gradually add the whipping cream until the frosting reaches desired consistency.