Strawberry Orange Sorbet
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic blue agave syrup
- 2 3/4 cups sliced hulled strawberries (about 1 1/2 one-pint baskets)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- Stir together water and agave syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Chill syrup mixture until cold (about 1 hour).
- Combine sliced strawberries, fresh orange juice, and orange essential oil in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- With the food processor running, gradually add the chilled syrup; and process it until well blended.
- Transfer sorbet to an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, then transfer the mixture to a 13″x9″x2″ glass dish, and freeze just until the sorbet is firm, stirring every 30 minutes—about 3 hours total. Transfer the frozen sorbet from the glass dish into the processor, and puree until smooth.
- Spoon the sorbet into dessert glasses, and serve immediately. Freeze leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.