To introduce your friends and family to essential oils, host a fun “Make and Take” class where everyone makes truffles infused with essential oils to take home to their valentines!
Essential Oil–Infused Truffles
- 1 package of Original Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
- 5–8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 package chocolate melting wafers (16 oz.)
1. Place a long sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet. Set the cookie sheet aside.
2. Place all but 3 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie; don’t remove cream filling), and pulse until finely crushed (alternately, if you don’t own a food processor, you can place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, seal the bag, and crush the cookies with a rolling pin).
3. Pour crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl along with cream cheese and peppermint essential oil. Using the back of a spoon, stir the mixture while pressing it along the bottom of the bowl until well combined and evenly moistened. Scoop mixture out, and form it into 1 inch balls.
4. Line truffle balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Place truffles in freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, crush the remaining 3 Oreos.
5. Melt chocolate wafers according to the directions on the package. Remove the truffles from the freezer, and dip them in the melted chocolate. Evenly coat the truffles, and allow the excess chocolate to run off. Return truffles to the baking sheet, and immediately sprinkle the tops with the remaining crushed Oreos. Allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Special thanks to Christine Russell for sharing this recipe with us on Facebook.