This year for Father’s Day, surprise the dad in your life with these delicious strawberry lime cake pops that incorporate pure lime essential oil.
Strawberry Lime Cake Pops
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1/2 can cream cheese frosting (or make your own)
- 6 drops lime essential oil
- 1 strawberry cake (baked and cooled)
- 12 oz. white melting chocolate
- Waxed paper
- Cake pop sticks
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese frosting and essential oil until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, break the strawberry cake into small pieces.
- Stir the frosting mixture into the cake, using a wooden spoon or your fingers.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Roll the cake mixture into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt a small amount of the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Dip the tips of the cake pop sticks in the melted chocolate, and then poke the chocolate-dipped side of a stick into the center of each cake ball (this helps the cake ball stay on the stick).
- Place the baking sheet with the cake balls in the freezer, and leave it there for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate. Remove the cake balls from the freezer a few at a time, and dip each one in the chocolate, swirling until covered. To preserve the roundness of your cake ball, stick the cake pops in a Styrofoam block to cool. Alternately, you can hold the chocolate-covered cake pop in your hand for a minute and allow it to partially set before returning it to the wax paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set up completely (you can return the cake balls to the freezer to speed up this process).
- Enjoy the cake balls immediately, or place them in an air-tight container until you are ready to eat them.