We all know berries have staining properties, since clothing is often affected. So, why not use this natural ability of berries to create a beauty product? Sounds like a fantastic idea to us! This lip stain is simple to make and tastes amazing!
As a side note, if you have dry or cracked lips, this stain can make those areas stand out. To avoid this, try exfoliating with our Brown Sugar Lip Scrub first.
Berry Mint Lip Stain
- 3 blackberries
- 3 raspberries
- 1 small strawberry, stem removed
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Place berries in a heat-proof glass dish, and soften in the microwave or on the stovetop in a pan filled with an inch of simmering water (creating a double boiler).
- Mash well with a fork. Mix in almond oil and peppermint oil.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or coffee filter, and fill your container.
- Place in fridge, and allow to cool completely before using. Store in fridge when not in use.
- To use, simply dip your finger in the lip stain, and apply it to lips. Wash fingers immediately to prevent staining.
Note: Because this lip stain is made out of berries, it may go bad fairly quickly, so use it often and store it in the refrigerator.