Check out this healthy version of a Greek pita! However, if you like the bread, just assemble the ingredients into a pita, including the lettuce. The leftover tzatziki also makes a fantastic vegetable dip!
Mediterranean Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (A combination of red-wine vinegar and lemon juice tastes great too!)
- 1–2 drops basil essential oil
- 1–2 drops oregano essential oil
- 1–2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- Salt to taste
- Butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Tzatziki (see recipe below)
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- If making the tzatziki, mix it now so that it can chill while you make the chicken and prepare the wraps.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken breast strips, and allow to cook.
- In a glass dish, combine the balsamic vinegar, essential oils, and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Flip the chicken, and begin to cook on the other side. Pour balsamic vinegar mix over the chicken, and continue to sauté until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Prepare the lettuce and other toppings.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps by placing the chicken and other toppings inside the lettuce leaf like you would assemble a taco.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, strained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced small
- 1–2 drops dill essential oil
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 drop dill essential oil together.
- Add Greek yogurt and sour cream. Mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in cucumber, and add more dill essential oil to taste.
- Refrigerate for an hour, ideally, before serving to allow flavors to mix.
Note: This also makes a great vegetable dip!