Kids greatly benefit from sensory experiences, especially when they include the aroma of essential oils! Give your kids a fun time with this Aromatherapy Cloud Dough. Adults, too, can enjoy this activity and maybe even relieve a little stress at the same time! Feel free to double or triple this recipe to suit the number of kids playing or the size of your bin.
[recipe title=”Aromatherapy Cloud Dough” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or other cooking oil)
- 5 drops essential oil
- 6–8 drops food coloring (optional)
- 4 cups flour
- In a glass bowl, mix vegetable oil, essential oil, and food coloring together until the color is distinct or until thoroughly combined.
- Place flour in playing bin, and add oil mixture. Mix together until combined. You may need to use your hands.
- You can store your Cloud Dough in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: Some essential oils that would work well in this recipe and are safe to use with children are lavender, peppermint, ylang ylang, or Roman chamomile.