For Halloween this year, try making this fun and healthy snack that your children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews will surely love!
Boo-nanas with Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 bananas
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 16 mini chocolate chips
- Peel bananas, and cut them in half. Then cut the halves lengthwise.
- Carefully stick a popsicle stick in each banana, and then lay the bananas on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Place the cookie sheet with the bananas on it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt and lemon essential oil in a glass. Note: You can use any flavor of Greek yogurt you desire; just choose one that is white in color and that goes well with the lemon flavor. We used both blueberry and strawberry yogurt with delicious results.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer, and dip each of them in the glass of yogurt––turning until fully coated.
- Return the bananas to the waxed paper, laying them on their backs, and place two mini chocolate chips near the top of each banana for eyes.
- Once all of the bananas are done, return them to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Enjoy these darling boo-nanas as a delicious and healthy frozen Halloween treat!
Try substituting the Greek yogurt with melted white chocolate for a sweeter Halloween treat!