This lemon butter is a delicious addition to pancakes, french toast, sweet bread, or muffins.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice (or juice from a large lemon)
- 3–4 drops lemon essential oil
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the chilled whipping cream, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil until it thickens to a butter-like consistency.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Note: if you want to make lemon whipping cream instead of lemon butter, whip the cream alone until it starts to form stiff peaks, and then stir in the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil.