“All living things eat, so everyone poops!” – Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi
Now that we are clear on that subject, let’s talk about how to make it a pleasant experience! This Deodorizing Toilet Spray is meant to be used before the elimination process begins. When you spray it in the toilet, the ingredients create a film on top of the water. This creates a barrier and fresh scent on top of the water so as you do your business it traps the smell beneath the surface. The food coloring is optional but is a nice reassurance that it works.
Some great essential oil blend recipes for a toilet spray include the following:
5 drops lemongrass
5 drops bergamot
5 drops grapefruit
4 drops lavender
4 drops peppermint
4 drops rosemary
2 drops melaleuca
5 drops cedarwood
4 drops lemon
2 drops rosemary
Deodorizing Toilet Spray
- 1 tsp. Liquid Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 tsp. rubbing alcohol
- 10–15 drops essential oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 drops food coloring (optional)
- 2 oz. Spray Bottle
- Place glycerin, alcohol, and essential oils in the spray bottle. Screw lid on, and shake to combine.
- Unscrew the lid, and add the water and food coloring. Place the spray top on the bottle again, and shake to combine.
- To use, shake the bottle, and then spray a few times in the toilet before you do your business.