It’s always fun to enjoy a movie night when curled up with a bowl of yummy popcorn! But, have you tried taking your popcorn to the next level by flavoring it with essential oils? Now is the time to give it a try! We’ve compiled a few different flavor options that all taste fantastic!
Basic Popcorn with Essential Oil Flavor Ideas
- 1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn (12–16 cups popped popcorn)
- 1/8–1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 3–6 drops essential oil of your choice
- Sweetener such as honey or maple syrup to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pop popcorn kernels, and then place popped popcorn in a large bowl or brown paper bag.
- Heat coconut oil and sweetener over low heat until well combined and liquified. Remove from heat, and let cool for a couple minutes. Stir in essentials oils.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over popcorn, and stir or shake to combine.
- Add salt to taste.
- Coconut-Lime: 4–5 drops lime essential oil, 1–2 Tbsp. honey, and salt to taste. Add shredded coconut if desired.
- Sweet Spice: 3–4 drops Protective Blend (can replace with 2 drops clove and 2 drops orange essential oil) and 2 drops cinnamon essential oil with 2 Tbsp. maple syrup.
- Cardamom-Honey: 1–2 drops cardamom essential oil with 1–2 Tbsp. honey and salt to taste.
- White Chocolate & Peppermint: 4–6 drops peppermint essential oil with melted white chocolate (instead of coconut oil and sweetener).
- Lemon & Browned Butter: Brown 6 Tbsp. butter (instead of coconut oil) in a saucepan; add 2–4 drops lemon essential oil.
- Parmesan–Rosemary: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 3 Tbsp. olive oil (instead of coconut oil), 2 tsp. salt, and 1 drop of rosemary essential oil. Mix olive oil and rosemary essential oil; add to popcorn, and then shake to coat. Slowly add the Parmesan and salt while shaking the popcorn.
- Garlic & Herb: 4 Tbsp. melted butter (instead of coconut oil), 1–2 toothpicks each of rosemary and thyme essential oils, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and salt. Mix melted butter and essential oil; add to popcorn, and shake to coat. Slowly add garlic powder, parsley flakes, and salt while shaking the popcorn.
- Throw in some other food items such as coconut flakes, cinnamon powder, sugar, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, slivered almonds, sesame seeds, bacon, etc.
What do you add to your popcorn? Do you have a favorite essential oil popcorn flavor?