Now that the holidays are ending, many of us are recommitting to healthy eating and a fresh new start for the new year. Try this delicious hummus recipe as a nutritious snack to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained; reserve liquid)
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Toss all ingredients in the blender.
- Add reserved garbanzo bean liquid a little bit at a time.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Serve with your choice of crackers, chips, or vegetables.