Have you ever thought about the bacteria collecting on your yoga mat? Yoga mats tend to be hard to clean; but it needs to be done, so we’ve come up with a simpler way to disinfect your mat while adding the benefits of essential oils to the routine. We’ve put together an antibacterial cleaning spray using essential oils that is sure to leave your mat smelling fresh and clean.
Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup Witch Hazel
- 10 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- Pour all ingredients into the glass spray bottle, place the spray top on the bottle, and shake to combine.
- Lay mat out on a clean surface to begin. Spray your mat down with the essential oil cleaning solution, and proceed to wipe the mat down using a soft, dry cloth. Flip the mat over, and repeat.
- Hang the mat to dry.
Store the leftover mixture for use after each yoga practice. Remember to shake cleaning spray well before each use.
Note: Due to the potency of essential oils and the different chemical makeups of mats, this recipe may not work on all types of yoga mats. To ensure that these oils do not harm your mat, test by cleaning a small corner before continuing to the rest of the mat.