We often forget to clean the appliances that clean other things. Such is often the case with a dishwasher. But one of the best things about cleaning a dishwasher is that with a little help, it can clean itself! Give your dishwasher some love with this Dishwasher Cleaner!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- A washcloth
- A bowl of warm, soapy water
- An old toothbrush
- A dishwasher-safe dish or container
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 7–10 drops lemon essential oil
- Remove the lower rack from your dishwasher.
- Use a washcloth to wipe out any loose food or scum from the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Use an old toothbrush and warm, soapy water to clean around the seal and the edges of the dishwasher and the dishwasher door (anywhere the door covers when it is closed). Give the bottom of the dishwasher a quick scrub as well to loosen the scum up a bit.
- Use the washcloth to wipe out any additional dirt you loosened up.
- Pour 2 cups of white distilled vinegar into the dishwasher-safe container.
- Add 7–10 drops of lemon essential oil to the vinegar.
- Place the container in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Close the dishwasher door, and select the hottest dishwasher cycle. Run the dishwasher for a full cycle with only the container inside.
- Open your dishwasher, and be amazed at how much cleaner it looks and how wonderful it smells!