This is an easy and natural way to make bath time fun! Make your own soap with a prize inside!
[recipe title=”Bath Pals Soap for Kids” time=”10 minutes active; 2 hours 20 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Soap molds (plastic cups also work)
- Cooking spray to coat molds
- Pure solid glycerin soap (this can be found in cubes at craft stores)
- Essential oils of choice
- Colored soap dyes
- Small plastic toys
- Coat the insides of your soap molds or cups with cooking spray.
- Melt soap.The size of your molds will determine how much soap you’ll need. Place cubes of soap in a measuring cup, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. If some solid soap still remains, microwave in 10-second intervals until soap is thoroughly melted. Make sure to supervise if your kids are doing this—the soap gets hot!
- Add in a few drops of soap dye to reach your desired color, and mix thoroughly.
- Add several drops of your desired essential oil. (Some great kid-friendly oils include lavender, orange, Roman chamomile, lemon, and peppermint.)
- Carefully fill mold about 1/3 of the way full with the hot soap. Let it cool for about 20 minutes, and then place the small plastic toy on top of the hardened soap.
- Repeat steps 2–4 to melt and color the remaining soap. Pour a second layer of soap into the mold over the plastic toy.
- Let cool and harden for at least 2 hours. Once cool, turn the mold upside down and pop the soap out.