Have you heard about the Modern Essentials™ Living book? This amazing resource contains cooking recipes, craft ideas, cleaning recipes, body care recipes, class ideas, diffuser blends, and a chart listing common uses for many essential oils and blends. It introduces essential oils in a way that is completely marketing compliant, so it is a safe resource to use in any setting! We want to discuss a few ways you can use Modern Essentials™ Living to help build your business.
Use Modern Essentials™ Living in Your Classes
Modern Essentials™ Living is a perfect resource to use in any marketing or educational class. Here are a few ideas for how to use this book in a class setting:
- Use one of the class ideas suggested in Modern Essentials™ Living on pp. 189–202. As you apply a facial mask, make jewelry, drink hot chocolate, make cleaning sprays, or make wintertime shower disks, you can talk about the essential oils and even discuss how to make money by being a distributor.
- You don’t have to stick to our class ideas—you can come up with your own! Try teaching an essential oil cooking class by making one of the food recipes in Modern Essentials™ Living. As you cook, discuss the tips and tricks found on pp. 9–17 for using essential oils in your cooking.
- DIY classes (also known as make-and-take classes) are very popular because they tend to be more interactive and let your attendees leave with something to try that contains essential oils. Try holding a make-and-take class of your own, and use the craft, body care, cleaning, or holiday ideas in Modern Essentials™ Living as your DIY project. Don’t forget to introduce the essential oils and let your attendees know where they can purchase them.
- Have a few copies of Modern Essentials™ Living on hand to pass around your classes. This is a great way to show “newbies” all the different ways you can use essential oils other than the standard application methods. You may even have some people ask to buy one of your copies!
- The Modern Essentials™ Living book can be used as a drawing prize. You can have your class attendees enter a drawing as they arrive (you may even want to offer this as an incentive to arrive early). Whenever you choose to close the drawing, select a winner and give him or her a copy of Modern Essentials™ Living!
Using Modern Essentials™ Living at Trade Shows
Running an essential oil booth at a trade show is the perfect example of marketing essential oils. But you need a way to get people interested in the essential oils without making health claims. This is where Modern Essentials™ Living can be beneficial! Here are a few ways you can use this book at a trade show:
- Have several copies available for people to browse through. This can help them get an idea of how the oils can be used without you needing to explain it to them.
- Make some of the products for people to try as they come to your booth. This can give them a way to experience essential oils aromatically and topically. If the venue allows it, you may even be able to offer essential oil food samples.
- You may want to consider offering a class at another time and have interested people sign up for your classes while at the trade show. It is often difficult to relay all the information you would like to while having short conversations with passersby, so a class is a way you can educate interested parties a little more thoroughly. If you want to hold a make-and-take class, be sure to have the finished product available at the trade show to provide an example of what will be made in the class.
Use Modern Essentials™ Living to Build and Educate Your Team
One of the best ways to build an essential oil business is to educate your team members about the many ways essential oils can be used. Here are a few ideas of you can do this with Modern Essentials™ Living:
- Send out an email every once in a while that contains a tip/trick about essential oils. Modern Essentials™ Living contains many bits of useful information including application methods, cooking tips, recipes, class ideas, diffuser blends, and even information about what each oil can do (found in the Quick Usage Chart). If you share information from the book, just make sure to reference it as your source and let your team members know where they can get a copy for themselves!
- Keep a copy of the book in a waiting area at your office or home. Make sure it is visible and easy to pick up and browse through.
- Another way Modern Essentials™ Living can be used is to offer it to clients who sign up under you or for rank advancements of your team members.
As you can see, there are many ways Modern Essentials™ Living can help you succeed in your essential oil business. Check out this article to learn more about this amazing resource and see sample pages: Introducing Modern Essentials™ Living.
Do you have any other ideas of how you can use this book to build your business? Comment below! We would love to hear them!