Do your hands and feet get really dry in the winter? If so, you may want to try this deeply moisturizing Winter Hand and Foot Salve this year!
This salve is a little bit on the oily side, but that just makes it even better for dry winter skin! Rub it into your hands and feet each morning and night, and you will notice a huge difference.
Winter Hand and Foot Salve
- 1/2 oz. (14 g) Beeswax
- 1/2 oz. (14 g) Cocoa Butter
- 1 1/2 oz. (42.5 g) Coconut Oil
- 1/2 oz. (14 g) Avocado Oil
- 1/2 oz. (14 g) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Vitamin E Oil
- 10–15 drops essential oil (we used 4 drops myrrh and 10 drops lavender)
- 4 oz. Glass Salve Jar (see below in Extra Ideas for other container recommendations)
- Using a kitchen scale, measure out the beeswax and cocoa butter in a heat-proof glass container.
- Create a double boiler by placing the glass container in a pan filled with an inch of water. Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter over low heat until completely melted.
- In a separate glass dish, measure out the avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil on the kitchen scale. Add these oils to the melted beeswax and cocoa butter, and continue to heat until all oils are melted and incorporated.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool for 5–10 minutes before adding the vitamin E oil and essential oils. Stir to combine, then pour mixture into your final container(s).
- To use, rub salve on hands and feet as needed.
- A little bit of this salve can go a long way! You can use this recipe and place in four 1 oz. glass salve jars or two 2 oz. glass salve jars and give away to family or friends.
- Try making a twist-up lotion bar by pouring this recipe into 2 large deodorant containers or 8 small deodorant containers.
- If you have really dry hands or feet, try this technique: apply a fair amount of this salve on the area, let it sit for 5–10 minutes, and then brush the area with a nail brush or other soft-bristle brush to release all the dead skin and deeply moisturize the area.