Simply exfoliating your skin can be so refreshing and leave you feeling pampered. Want to do it every time you shower? Here’s an easy way to do it while you soap up—we call them Sugar Scrubbies.
While you are in the shower and ready to wash up, just grab one of these and rub it all over your body like you would soap. The soap helps get you clean, the sugar helps exfoliate your skin, the coconut oil replenishes moisture, and the essential oils refresh the skin and provide a lovely scent. It’s a great way to pamper yourself while showering!
If you find you like them so much that you want to share them, don’t forget that these Sugar Scrubbies make a great addition to any “pamper yourself” gift!
- 1/2 cup unscented soap, shredded
- 1/4 cup (48 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar (white or brown)
- 2–6 drops essential oil
- Optional additions (see below for some ideas)
- PET Jar or other airtight container
- Put the unscented soap and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted (or mostly melted). You can also melt the ingredients on the stove top with a double boiler if you prefer.
- Allow soap/oil mixture to cool for a couple minutes before adding in the sugar, essential oils, and any optional additions.
- Press the mixture into a silicone mold, muffin tin lined with paper cups, or a glass dish (to cut into cubes).
- Let sit in the fridge or freezer to allow mixture to firm up before transferring the Sugar Scrubbies to your PET jars or other airtight containers.
- To use, simply rub a Sugar Scrubby over your skin while showering. Rinse off with water.
- Autumn Spice: Use brown sugar. Add 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup and 5 drops cinnamon essential oil.
- Pumpkin Pie: Use brown sugar. Add 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) honey, 1 tsp. (2 g) pumpkin pie spice, and 2 drops cinnamon essential oil.
- Peppermint: Use white sugar. Add a drop of red or green food coloring to 1/2 the sugar before mixing with the other ingredients, and add 5 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Lemon Rosemary: Use white sugar. Add 3 drops each of lemon and rosemary essential oil. Add 1 tsp. (1 g) lemon zest and 1 tsp. (.5 g) minced rosemary (optional).
- Grapefruit Mint: Use white sugar. Add 3 drops grapefruit and 2 drops peppermint essential oil. Add 1 drop red food coloring (optional).
- Lavender: Use white sugar. Add 5 drops lavender essential oil. Add 1–2 drops purple food coloring (optional).
- Create your own scent! The possibilities are endless.