“I lava you, and you lava me too!”
Nothing says, “I lava you!” more than these mint chocolate lava cakes! Give them a try—you won’t regret it.
[recipe title=”Mint Chocolate Lava Cakes” servings=”6″ time=”10 minutes active; 10 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 4 Tbsp. (57 g) butter
- 8 oz. (227 g) chocolate (semisweet or mixture of semisweet and dark)
- 2/3 cup (83 g) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (40 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Spray 6 muffin tins (or a silicone mold) with nonstick cooking spray, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter (or use a double boiler) for about 1 minute until butter is melted. Remove from heat, and whisk until the chocolate is also melted.
- Stir in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour. Then add essential oil.
- Divide mixture between 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft (but not gooey). Let stand 2–3 minutes.
- Place the cookie sheet on top of the cakes, and carefully flip both over. Transfer cakes to individual serving dishes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve with fresh fruit or whipped cream.