This tasty dish allows your fresh spring and summer veggies to shine, compliments of a hint of basil essential oil!
Basil-Infused Pasta Primavera
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta (or other pasta cut)
- 4–6 drops basil essential oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 2 Tbsp. minced, fresh basil for topping
- Boil water for pasta. Add 4–6 drops of basil essential oil to the water. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute broccoli until just tender, about 7–10 minutes.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, spinach, and cherry tomatoes in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squirt the pasta primavera with lemon juice to taste, and then top with grated Parmesan cheese and minced, fresh basil. Serve immediately.