Don’t have an ice cream maker? Try making ice cream in a BlenderBottle®! It’s a fun activity for a family or small group. Just throw the ingredients in, take turns shaking it up until it gets thick, then freeze until solid and ready to eat. The ball whisk gives it a great texture and makes the mixing part easier. If you have a larger group, you can put your mixture in a few different pint- or quart-sized mason jars and move the ball whisk from one jar to the next until all jars have been shaken and frozen.
BlenderBottle® Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1–2 Tbsp. (15–30 ml) sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raspberries
- 1 drop lime essential oil (Lemon or peppermint essential oil would also taste great!)
- BlenderBottle® with Ball Whisk
- Place cream, sugar/maple syrup, and vanilla in a BlenderBottle®. Shake until the mixture thickens and doubles in size.
- Place raspberries and lime essential oil in a glass bowl. Smash and mix them with a fork. Add the raspberry-lime mixture to the BlenderBottle®, and continue shaking until well combined.
- Remove the ball whisk, and freeze for at least 3 hours or until solid.
- Warm a spoon under hot water, scoop out your ice cream, and enjoy!