We are so excited to share this delicious recipe with you! It is really easy to make and uses our Essential Oil BBQ Rub from our Essential Oil Spice Mixes for Savory Dishes post. Everyone who tried this rub loved how it tasted on our roasted chicken and fall vegetables!
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 small butternut squash (halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4″ half moons)
- 4–6 carrots, cut into small chunks (about 1–2 inches [2.5–5 cm] long)
- 2–4 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks (about 1–2 inch cubes)
- 1 cup (150 g) seedless red grapes
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- Essential Oil BBQ Rub (we used the whole recipe)
- 4–8 chicken thighs
- Position the oven rack in the upper third of the oven, and preheat to 425°F (220°C).
- Place squash, carrots, potatoes, and grapes in a large bowl with oil, and toss (or use hands) to coat the vegetables with oil. Add half the Essential Oil BBQ Rub, and continue mixing with hands until all the vegetables are coated. Arrange the vegetables and grapes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the chicken thighs in the same bowl, and rub with the remaining spice mixture. Arrange skin-side-up on top of the fruit and vegetables.
- Roast until skin is browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers to 165°F (about 35 minutes). If chicken or vegetables start to burn, move the pan to a lower rack to finish cooking. If the vegetables are done but the chicken skin needs a little help, try broiling for 1–2 minutes.