Kids love how soft and squishy these soap jellies are! They are perfect for making bathtime and learning about hygiene fun. You may even want to try them out on yourself! They make a great sensory experience for all!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin (about 2–3 small packets)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) distilled water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Castile Soap
- 30 drops essential oil (lavender, melaleuca, lemon, orange, and peppermint are good options)
- Body-safe soap coloring (optional) (a drop or two of blue tansy essential oil is a natural way to get a nice blue color)
- 1 tsp. (6 g) salt
- Silicone mold or small soap mold
- Small Spray Bottle of alcohol (optional)
- 16 oz. PET Jar
- Place mold on a cutting board or cookie sheet or another flat, movable surface.
- Place water in a pan, and sprinkle the gelatin on the water. Allow gelatin to bloom for 5 minutes; then bring the water to a boil to dissolve the gelatin.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add the castile soap, coloring, and essential oils. Stir gently until combined.
- Stir in the salt last. (Don’t skip this step! It makes a big difference!)
- Pour the mixture into your molds.
- You can get rid of air bubbles by spritzing the soap with a little alcohol from a small spray bottle.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely hardened.
- Store in a PET Jar in a cool, dry location (such as the refrigerator) for up to 1 week.