These frozen whipped cream cubes make hot chocolate a fun experience and add a little minty flavor to your cup as well! This recipe can be a healthier alternative to adding marshmallows to your hot chocolate, especially if you follow the substitutions to make this a healthy non-dairy topping!
Peppermint Whipped Cream Cubes
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream (or coconut cream)
- 2 Tbsp. (17 g) powdered sugar or 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup
- 2–3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and peppermint essential oil until it thickens and forms stiff peaks.
- Cover a dish with parchment paper, and spread the whipped cream on the parchment paper. You’ll want it at least 1/2″ (1 1/4 cm) thick.
- Freeze the cream until solid (about an hour).
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes in the cream, and place them in hot chocolate.
- A chocolate stirring spoon makes the drink more decadent. You can even add a drop of peppermint to the chocolate before pouring into the spoon mold for a little extra mintiness!
- Forget freezing and just use it as cream. It’s delicious either way!
- Make “ice cream sandwiches” by placing this cream in between your favorite cookies.