This sugar scrub is a great way to exfoliate and moisturize your skin while enjoying the added benefits of essential oils and coconut oil. Sugar scrubs are especially effective for areas with sensitive skin, such as your face and lips. The added properties of grapefruit and peppermint essential oils give a nice cooling effect, while also helping to relieve stress. If you are looking for a new way to pamper your skin, this scrub is a great place to start!
Mint Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) grapefruit juice
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 25–30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1/4 tsp. (1 ml) beet juice or 1 tsp. (5 ml) raspberry juice (optional for color)
- 4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Using a hand mixer, mix the sugar and coconut oil together on low speed until it forms a thick paste.
- Add grapefruit zest and juice, essential oils, and beet or raspberry juice (if desired), and mix again on low speed until combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed, and mix until the scrub is fluffy and well blended.
- Fill the glass jar with the sugar scrub, and store in the refrigerator.
- To use, take a small amount and gently rub onto the desired location. Rinse off.
- This scrub is better when used in the morning, rather than at night, due to the properties of grapefruit and peppermint and the way they energize and help wake up the mind.
- Avoid contact with eyes.