Want to add a little class to your dinner tonight? Try this Margherita Garlic Bread. This simple dish is packed with flavor! Add a salad, and you have an easy and satisfying dinner.
[recipe title=”Margherita Garlic Bread with Basil Essential Oil” servings=”10–15″ time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 loaf artisan or french bread, cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) slices
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. (3 g) garlic powder
- 5–8 drops basil essential oil
- Tomato slices
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Melt the butter; add the garlic powder and basil essential oil.
- Brush butter mixture onto the bread slices with a pastry brush until saturated, or spoon butter on to lightly cover each slice of bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cheese to each slice of bread.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, and serve immediately.