If you have kids, you’ve probably struggled to get them to fall asleep at night. And we need sleep just as much as they do, so it’s time to help them fall asleep faster and sleep through the night. Orange essential oil is great for relieving anxiety, nervousness, and insomnia. It also promotes calming and peaceful energy. Combined with lavender—known to help with relaxation and sleep—this simple cream is perfect for helping your little ones relax and sleep well at night.
[recipe title=”Sleeping Cream for Kids” servings=”Yield=2 oz. (50 ml)” time=”5–10 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Coconut Oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 7 drops orange essential oil
- 2 oz. Glass Jar
- Soften the coconut oil, but don’t melt it. Add the essential oils, and beat on high with a hand mixer for a couple minutes, or until the coconut oil is whipped and creamy and the oils are mixed in.
- Transfer the cream to the glass jar.
- Rub a small amount of cream on each of your children’s feet at the beginning of their bedtime routine. Proceed with the rest of the bedtime routine, tuck your kids in, and watch the cream work its magic as they drift off to dreamland!
This sleeping cream makes a perfect gift for friends with kids or grandparents that love to watch your kids!
Store this cream at room temperature. If it’s too cold, it will harden and be difficult to apply; too hot, and it will melt.