This easy recipe is great for a busy day when you want something delicious to eat at the end of the day but don’t have a lot of time to spend cooking. Just put the chicken in the slow cooker in the morning, and it will be tender and delicious in time for dinner. Plus, this recipe incorporates the benefits of pure lime essential oil!
[recipe title=”Garlic Lime Chicken” servings=”6″ time=”15 minutes active; 6–8 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 5 drops lime essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- Place the drumsticks in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and then pour over top of the chicken.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, and then cook for 6–8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Carefully remove chicken drumsticks from the slow cooker, and place them on a foil-lined baking dish, skin up.
- Preheat oven to broil, and place drumsticks in the oven on the top rack for 3–5 minutes or until the drumsticks have a nice brown color.
- Remove from oven, and serve immediately with your choice of rice, potatoes, steamed vegetables, or garden salad!