Give your sore muscles some relief with this salve. The essential oils in this recipe may not only help soothe muscle pains, but they also create a warming/cooling effect that makes this salve extra special!
[recipe title=”Sore Muscles Salve” servings=”Yield=2 oz. (60 ml)” time=”10 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 tsp. (3 g) Beeswax
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. (30 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Sweet Almond Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops black pepper essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 oz. Glass Salve Jar or Tin Container
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax and coconut oil over low heat until completely melted; then add sweet almond oil or fractionated coconut oil. Note: You can create a double boiler by placing a heat-proof glass container (containing ingredients) in a pan filled with an inch (2.5 cm) of water.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 5 minutes before stirring in the essential oils.
- Pour mixture into a glass salve jar or tin container. It should solidify within 30 minutes to an hour.
- To use, rub salve on sore muscles as needed.