There’s nothing quite like a warm glass of apple cider on a crisp fall day! This delicious recipe is so easy to make, and your whole house will smell amazing while it cooks.
[recipe title=”Spiced Apple Cider with Essential Oil” servings=”6 servings; Makes 1/2 gallon” time=”15 minutes active; 3 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 5 red apples
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. ground allspice
- 2 drops cassia essential oil
- Wash apples thoroughly, remove the cores, and cut them into quarters.
- Place apples in a large stock pot, and add sugar and allspice.
- Add enough water to the pot to cover the apples by 3–4 inches.
- Boil the apples, uncovered, for one hour, stirring occasionally; then reduce heat, and simmer for two hours.
- Strain out the cider by pouring the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Stir in cassia essential oil.
- Serve cider warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled. Try one of our stainless steel straws for drinking this delicious cider!